Exploring the Investment Power of an Annuity
While many people have seen commercials offering to purchase annuity payments, not many people actually understand how an annuity can be used to build wealth. At Secure Retirement Strategies, we work to not only match our clients with financial investment products but to also educate them on how these products are used to secure their financial futures. Our company provides expert financial and retirement planning advice to individuals and families looking to build wealth to fund important things such as their long-term care needs and a strong financial future.
Whether you want to explore our tax-free income strategies or are ready to start your legacy planning, we are here to help you grow! We currently offer retirement investment strategies to residents living in the following Pennsylvania and New Jersey counties:
- Lehigh County, PA
- Bucks County, PA
- Chester County, PA
- Hunterdon County, NJ
- Northampton County, NJ
- Mercer County, NJ
What is an Annuity?
An annuity serves a contract between an investor (you) and an insurance company that requires the insurance company to make payments over an agreed upon period of time. This financial product can be used by investors to generate tax-deferred income to use at a later point in life. Typically, investors use annuities to save for important life events such as retirement since annuities can provide income to replace the paycheck that is no longer coming in.
Why Should You Buy an Annuity?
With so many investment products on the market, it can be hard to figure out which one will meet your needs. To help you understand how an annuity can fit your long-term goals, we’ve compiled a list of the three major reasons why investors buy annuities.
- They provide a steady stream of retirement income that can last your entire lifetime or even stretch to cover the lifetime of your spouse or beneficiary.
- They offer a death benefit that allows your beneficiary to receive a specific payment if you were to pass away before receiving your payments.
- They allow for tax-deferred income growth, so you don’t have to worry about paying taxes on the income and investment gains from your annuity until you decide to withdraw funds.
- They provide growth without market risk.
Now that you understand why investors choose to add annuities to their investment portfolios, let’s explore the different types of annuities options available to you.
Types of Annuities
- Fixed Annuity: is a type of annuity where the insurance company agrees to provide you with a minimum interest rate and a fixed amount of payments over a period of time.
- Variable Annuity: is an annuity where the insurance company allows you to put your payments into different investment options directly in the market. With this type of annuity, your returns could be positive or negative and there are substantial fees.
- Indexed Annuity: credit you, the investor, with a return that is based on stock market indexes such as the S&P 500 while guaranteeing no downside market risk and incurring little or no fees.
Deciding which annuity option is right for your financial future will depend on your goals and how much risk you’re willing to take. At Secure Retirement Strategies, we help our clients understand the benefits and risks associated with annuities so that you can make an informed decision on whether or not an annuity is right for you.
Start Planning your Future Today with Secure Retirement Strategies
Planning your financial future can be a big job to handle all on your own. But if you take time to sit with one of our professional retirement strategists, we can help take the stress away from securing a bright financial future for you and your loved ones. Whether it’s understanding the difference between an indexed universal life insurance (indexed annuity) policy and a life insurance retirement plan (LIRP), our team is ready to help. If you’re a resident of Lehigh County, Bucks County, Chester County, Northampton County, Mercer County, or Hunterdon County, who is ready to start building wealth for your retirement, contact us today!